Property Blight Applications 2018-07-26T14:44:39+00:00

Property Blight Applications

The legal concept of blight is much misunderstood. Neighbours will often complain of “blight” when a controversial development is perceived to have an impact on property values. We can consider the options available to you and challenge the project promoters. Our expertise in this area could significantly increase the level of compensation you may be offered. Working with a specialist team of surveyors who have a detailed knowledge of Compulsory Purchase Orders and the precedents set in comparable cases is vital to a successful outcome.

Thomson Broadbent is currently involved in advising home owners and businesses affected by HS2. Once the route has been formally safeguarded, the provisions of statutory blight apply. Any land or property owners who think they may be affected by HS2 should take action now to find out the extent to which the proposed route will affect them.

Our work with home-owners affected by the HS1 (the Channel Tunnel rail link) demonstrates our ability to act in a consultative role ahead of building and completion programs and although claims for residential dwellings should be relatively simple, those for commercial premises and farms will be more complex. They will need to consider business losses and disruption.

Speak to us now if you believe your property may be affected by HS2. Click on the links to see the preferred static proposed route map and video. We have also prepared a comprehensive guide to important information that you should know about HS2 compensation claims.

You can only appoint one company to act on your behalf so choose Thomson Broadbent

Apply now

We are the UK’s most successful RICS regulated residential property compensation consultants.

Apply Now

To find out more from Thomson Broadbent you can call our office or request a call back

Call us on 01536 264101 for more information

Click here to request a call back